Monday, July 2, 2007

New Tennix! website


Last Wednesday, I prepared a new website for Tennix!, my SDL-based tennis game. Tennix! has initially been developed on Borland C for DOS in 2003 as a summer project at school. The original Tennix is still available on the net.

In the middle of May this year, I've started porting the old DOS-based game (with custom-written mouse interface and 256-color bitmap laoder) to SDL. This has been quite easy, given the fact that I didn't use drawing routines back then but simply blitted BMP files onto the screen to generate the UI and gameplay graphics. Loading and blitting BMP files are two of the few graphics manipulation methods available in stock SDL.

Later, I've enhanced some graphics (scaled to 640x480) and modifed the gameplay to be real tennis-like (instead of the ping pong from 2003). In the last few weeks, I've played around with the codebase and improved the code, so I thought the project would now deserve its own webpage. Thanks to Ryan from icculus.org for providing the hosting of the new Tennix! website.

No comments: